This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.propertyneedsyou.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and, with effect from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and any related UK privacy legislation to the extent applicable (“Data Protection Law”), the “data controller” or “controller” is Property Needs You.
Our person responsible for data protection is Kelly Canterford and she can be contacted by email at Kelly.Canterford@cbre.com
Why we need your personal data; the consequences of not supplying it
We require personal data from you in order to be able to provide services to you. If you fail to provide any personal data requested we may not be able to provide our services to you as intended. We may also not be able to contract with you and/or be unable to charge you and therefore be unable to provide services to you.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.propertyneedsyou.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in any discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, or register for events and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description including job discipline/description, details of your business and sector, your gender, location and salary details, and information you provide by completing any online instruments, tests or questionnaires.
- Information we collect about you.
- Information you give us.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages and services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources.
This is information we may receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways and for the following purposes:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (whether you pay us or whether the services we provide are free of charge) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or which we provide as part of the services you have subscribed for;
- to collect payment of our charges and to enforce our legal rights against you;
- for conversion into an anonymised format (i.e. with your name, e-mail address and telephone numbers removed) which will then be added to our database which we use to provide services to you and to others;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you or where you previously consented to such communications. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Legal Basis of Processing
The legal basis on which we carry out processing is in order to effectively operate our web site and maintain the security of it, as well as to deal with enquiries received through the site or via contact details made available on our site, and in order to provide information and services to you and to other users of the web site and our services and database, which together constitute our legitimate business interests.
The second legal basis upon which we collect and process your personal data relating to your payment of our charges is that we require this in order to perform our contract with you.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; banks, credit card, payment providers and processors and other financial services providers where required to take payment from you;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Kelly.Canterford@cbre.com
You also have the right to:
- request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- restrict processing of personal data relating to you; and
- object to processing or require that your data is moved elsewhere,
- as such rights are further provided in accordance with Data Protection Law.
You can lodge a complaint regarding processing of your personal data by us with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data retention period
We will keep your personal data for as long as you are actively using our site and services and for a reasonable period thereafter (in order, for example, to deal with queries or complaints, or to ask you to re-subscribe); once you stop or cancel your use or we cancel your use we will also be entitled to retain your personal data for as long as we need to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation on us or to defend or pursue any legal claims or to collect payment from you. Personal data you have provided which we anonymise we are entitled to keep and process indefinitely.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.