- Planning energy-efficient, affordable housing
- Making sure planning regulations are followed on projects
- Listening to the local community’s opinions at meetings you run
- Assess the effects of planning proposals on people or the environment
- Research and design planning policies to guide development
- Keep up to date with environmental legislation
- Understand the needs of the people using the space through research
- Work with planners and surveyors to ensure local policies and guidelines are followed
- Building relationships with planners, architects, politicians and local community
Start your journey
Already on your way? If you’re finished or finishing school and working out next steps, check out the different routes open to you. There’s more than one way to skin a cat, you know. Whether you’re looking for Apprenticeships or a Graduate career path, there’s something for everyone.
Waterloo Bridge which crosses the River Thames in London is also known as the Ladies Bridge due to the fact that the majority of the construction team were women!
Career Path Options
Which career is right for me?
Other careers you might enjoy
- Click above to discover all the roles within the surveying sector
- Click above to discover all the roles within the specialist sector