Career Profile: Associate Surveyor
Name: Nicholas Jones
Job Title: Associate Surveyor
I work in Investment Advisory and am part of a team giving real estate advice to institutional, financial and property company clients. ranging from global portfolio strategies to lease restructuring.
I focus on strategy and restructuring, asset management, strategic investment advice, modelling, forecasting and monitoring across existing and potential real estate portfolios.
I have worked closely with some of London’s key landlords to provide on-going asset management advice and reporting to ensure long term capital income and growth is maintained.
11 GCSEs including Maths, English and Science: 2- B, 7- C, 2- D
Award and Certificate in ICT (2-Pass)
- Law – Distinction (A)
- Travel and Tourism – Distinction (A)
- Public services – Distinction (A)
- A’S Sport – Distinction (A)
- NVQ level 3 football coaching certificate
- Chartered Surveying Training Trust (September 2013 – June 2015)
- Level 3 BTEC in Construction and the Built Environment – Distinction
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Surveying, Property & Maintenance – Pass
Kingston University (September 2015 – Present) Studying for a BSc in Real Estate Management
- Associate RICS
- MRICS once I complete my apprenticeship
What made you decide on a career in property?
Once I had researched what a career in real estate consisted of and the potential I had within the industry, I knew it was a career I wanted to pursue.
Nicholas JonesAssociate Surveyor
I had no friends or family in the property industry so it could have been a risk turning down other career paths, but ultimately my decision paid off.