Career Profile: Apprentice Surveyor
Name: Max Oliver
Job Title: Apprentice Surveyor
I am in a team that works for a number of major organisations helping them maximize the value of property investments for their pension funds.
The aim is to maximize the value and returns from the property by carrying out asset management activities.
Which means I:
- Work closely with letting agents, property managers, project managers and lawyers
- Use industry specific software to assess the risks and benefits of investing in property
- Attend regular meetings to ensure the property is kept in good condition, tenants are happy and settled, rents are paid on time and legal issues relating to the property are dealt with promptly,
- English Language
- Science Double Award
- Food Design & Technology
- Religious Studies
BTEC Level 3
- BTEC Level 3 in Construction and the Built Environment
- Edexcel Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Surveying, Property and Maintenance (QCF)
- Business Studies
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Applied Science
Chartered Management Institute
- CMI Level 2 Award in Team Leading (QCF)
- Associate RICS
What made you decide on a career in property?
I researched careers in commercial property through the property press including Estates Gazette and Property Week.. I explored websites of various commercial property companies and used career advice websites to build an understanding of what working in commercial property can offer.
I looked into many other careers but property stood out as one where there are endless possibilities and a multitude of areas to specialise in, giving scope for an exciting and rewarding career and a good salary.
Max OliverAssistant Fund Manager
A career in property brings opportunities to work in a variety of different specialisms within a huge industry, opening endless possibilities and the potential to earn a large salary.